The Cathedral High School Youth Group welcomes
young people from 9th - 12th grade
The Youth Group provides a place for teens to continue to learn and practice their faith with their peers. The Youth Group meets on Sunday nights from 5:30-7:30. Nights are broken up into four categories: Teaching, Social, Prayer, and Service. Teaching nights focus on teaching aspects of the faith that they might not pick up in Catholic School or in PRE. Social nights help them develop ties to peers who are living out their faith, encouraging them to engage in the larger parish community. Prayer nights allow them space to encounter God through various types of prayer catered to the teen experience. Finally, Service nights provide service hours and demonstrate how to be active on both the diocesan and parish levels of the Church. Adult members of the Youth Group serve as active mentors for the teens, representatives of the parish community, and as examples on how to live a Catholic life. Email Fr. Casey. Father.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have regular weekly meetings on Sunday afternoons (September - May) in the gym. Meetings rotate through a variety of aspects of the faith including prayer, service, teaching, and social, and every night includes FOOD. In addition to these weekly meetings, we offer a number of other activities, centered around service, fellowship, and doctrine. The Cathedral Youth Group partners with other parish youth groups for special events and participates in various Diocesan-wide activities.
Sign up for Weekly Dinners
SIGN UP HERE to provide dinner for the youth group. Parishioners are invited to donate a whole dinner or a single item from the dinner menu that week; this is a great way for our parish to come together and support our youth. We ask that the items be dropped off the Sunday they were signed up for at 5:15 pm.
There are a number of ways to support the ministry...
- The most important of these is prayer. Those who are involved represent the young church of today. They are faced with a number of important choices, including the choice of life-style and vocation. They need all of our prayers.
- If you are in 9th through 12th grade, get involved! Attend the regular weekly meetings or pick another event to get your feet wet. If you have ideas, especially for ways in which we can provide service to the parish, school, or wider community, let us know.
- We ask parishioners to help in feeding dinner to the youth group each Sunday evening. To volunteer, sign up at the link above.
- If you are an adult with a special talent or story to tell, let us know by calling the parish office at (901) 725-2700 or emailing Fr. Casey.
- If you would like to make a monetary contribution to our youth group to support the ministry, make your check payable to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and designate your gift for "Youth."